Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Waiting Game

....Ain't nobody got time for that.... :)

Literally, 5 days until due date - OMG it's torturous to wait.... not to mention, she will probably come late :) Which I am continually trying to wrap my head around. The fact that I cannot plan anything with regard to this pregnancy. I like plans and I like knowing exactly how something will turn out... Its sick, how crazy I am about time and knowing everything... Since I have been pregnant I haven't known ANYTHING - everything is a surprise. Before I became pregnant, I would have told you exactly how it would all be.... and let me tell you EVERYTHING has been a surprise. A good friend of mine gave me some advice - she said, '...this is your first lesson in parenting, you need to let go and trust your child, trust your body and trust god'. I will admit, that since, I have 'let go' to the best of my ability, I have been able to discover some AMAZING (and not so amazing) things that I could not have told you 9 months ago would happen.

I didn't know:

- I would have CRAZY morning sickness that lasted ALL day
- I would have to stop running
- I would cry LESS than before (I have become somewhat less sensitive)
- I would want to have a natural no intervention labor and delivery
- How involved Kevin would be (he has been amazing)
- I would fall in love with Kevin ALL OVER AGAIN - for totally different reason's then before.... It's the most incredible feeling. You don't think its possible to love your husband more than you do.... and than YOU DO! :)
- I wouldn't feel quite like a MOM right away.... I honestly thought as soon as I found out I was pregnant I would go into mom-mode - but I didn't
- I would connect with the baby the most when she started moving
- Zoey would be so protective of me and the belly
- Zoey would recognize the word "sister" and kiss my belly
- We would meet people that would change our lives forever (our doula and our guru)

These are all things I didn't plan on, and things that I couldn't imagine life without - if that makes sense.... by not being in control of the situation, I found myself more happy then I ever could have imagined. To top it off we figured this out on our own :) This has been the most amazing experience for Kevin and I....

I am really going to try and let go, and relax these last couple days (or weeks I guess), especially so I am enjoying my time with Kevin while it's just us (and Zoey)

I have concluded that if Harper is early, she will be like mamma and if she is late (hehe) she will be like daddy... We shall see. Kevin thinks if she is late then she was probably doing her hair lol....

OO - we bought a new camera!! LOVE IT!! Check out the latest Zoey pic :) she's so stylish

XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment