Tuesday, January 1, 2013

FTM Guess at a Hospital Bag

In just an hour, we will be FULL TERM with Harper!!!  WOOOO HOOOO!!!  I feel great.... well as good as can be :) This is the BEST reason to feel completely uncomfortable :).

Today we bought a camera - YESS!!! FINALLY I will have some quality photos to post on here, to (duh) enhance my fantastic writing (LOL)....

Anyhow - as a FTM (first time mom), a lot of the decisions Kevin and I are making are based on one of several things; opinions of others, class, our doula, Pinterest, & Google.... SOOO combining ALL of the information on what to have at the hospital, we came up with what seemed "reasonable" to pack in our bag.... for whatever it's worth here goes:

MOM:
- 3 pairs of comfy socks
- 2 sporty nursing bras (nothing fancy or underwire)
- 3 pairs of underwear I don't mind ruining
- 3 cami tanks
- 1 cardigan
- 2 pairs of sweatpants I don't mind ruining

DAD:
- jeans
- 3 tees
- sleeping pants
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 boxers

HARPER:
- 2 onesies
- 1 go-home outfit
- 1 pair of booties
- 1 hat

GROOMING:
- shampoo/conditioner
- soap
- tooth paste / brush
- hair care
- facial cleaner/moisturizer

MISC:
- IPAD / charger
- Phones/Chargers
- Camera/Battery

At some point in the near future, I will come back and  refine this list so I feel comfortable with other FTM's taking my advice :)

XOXO


3 comments:

  1. I have something to add.... Snacks. My water broke before we could eat dinner and the cafeteria was closed. Poor dad only had trail mix to hold him over for 18 hours. Maybe a deck of cards or a book.... Labor can be long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good call on the snacks.... did you get to eat any, or are they just f or Kevin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it certainly depends on how you deliver and what your midwife allows. But they are great for the rest of your hospital stay :)

    ReplyDelete